Goals of District 153ís Student Assessment Program
- To measure and evaluate student achievement and growth on a regular basis for the purpose of guiding classroom instruction and improving student learning
- To diagnose student needs so that they can be supplied with appropriate resources and programs to support their learning
- To provide parents with meaningful information about their childís growth and development
- To determine the effectiveness of the districtís instruction and curriculum
- To meet federal and state requirements
Types of Assessment
District 153 believes there is no single test that can adequately profile a studentís knowledge and growth or a schoolís effectiveness. Therefore, the district uses a variety of assessment measures.
Formal assessments are most frequently used for district or state evaluation, accountability purposes, program improvement, student placement into or out of programs, performance comparisons and to provide data which can assist staff in planning for individual student learning throughout the school year.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Kathy Schaeflein, Director of Curriculum and Instruction at 708-674-2224.