Transportation Information for 2016-17
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Please know that the Transportation Department is dedicated to the service, safety and well-being of all School District 153 students. We would like to inform you of the changes that were made in bussing for the upcoming 2016-17 school year to address those experiences and other concerns.
Bus stop locations are selected to serve the students from central locations near their homes so that the busses can maintain a timely schedule. Please have your child ride the bus to and from school from the stop location closest to his/her home. We are locating these bus stops on the corner of the blocks that will serve several students from the same location to decrease the amount of stops the bus is making and to allow the busses to arrive at the schools on time.
Requests for bus route changes or additional stops at driveways for convenience will not be approved.
Please note the following:
- All daycare arrangements must be made in advance through the Transportation Department (708) 922-2411. Daycare arrangements do not automatically carry over from year to year. Once the school year has started and you need to make changes to transportation due to daycare, it will be a 72 hour implementation period. Changes in transportation will not be accepted unless approved by the District Office.
- Individual school offices do not have the ability to make changes regarding bus stops or daycare, those can only be done by the District Office.
- All students should arrive at their bus stops no less than 5 minutes before their scheduled times. Inclement weather does affect bus schedules, and therefore the arrival times may vary. Bus delays of 15 minutes or more will be communicated by telephone through the Districtís emergency call system. We ask for your patience during these times.
- For the safety of our students, James Hart morning bus traffic has been moved to Aberdeen Street and the circle drive in front of the James Hart School will no longer be used by busses. The District has designated Morgan Street as strictly James Hart students drop off in the mornings. Student supervision for drop off begins at 7:20 AM.
- Please be courteous when dropping off your student by pulling ahead to the farthest spot which allows others to pull in and keep a constant flow of traffic.
All bus routes and times are located on our District Website.
These times may be subject to change once the school year has begun. Please check for updates during the first few weeks of school. If you are new to our District and move in after the start date for the school year, it may take 72 hours to implement transportation arrangements.
Please consult the Parent Handbook for complete bus service information.
Should you have questions regarding bussing for your student, please call Mary Lou Markert at 922-2411.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation and patience for the upcoming school year.